The DELE Diplomas are internationally recognized, and enjoy great prestige, not only between institutions and public and private educational authorities but also in the business world and among chambers of commerce.
There are 6 levels, within the CEF A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, and C2. The exams are held the second or third week (depending on the year) in May, August, and November.
In many countries, the DELE exams have been adopted by educational authorities and institutions of formal education to complement their own evaluation programs. They are ideal for those in search of promotion at work or access to education in both Spain and in other countries where the tests are performed.
Level A1 (Past papers A1 test HERE)
This exam is the first of the six learning levels proposed in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages of the Council of Europe. (CEF)
The DELE A1 helps students to access the Spanish-speaking world, improves their education and gives the student the confidence to move forward in other certifications.
This diploma certifies that the student will be able to cope with elementary language in communicative situations that deal with immediate needs or topics related to everyday life.
The DELE A1 is an internationally recognized certificate that connects with the public from its first contact with Spanish and assesses the level of said language from the beginning of the course
Level A2 (Past papers A2 test HERE)
The DELE A2 is the second of the levels of MCER. This diploma certifies that the candidate is able to understand everyday phrases and frequently used expressions related to areas of immediate relevance (basic information about one’s self and family, shopping, places of interest, employment, etc.).
Level B1 (Past papers B1 test HERE)
The DELE B1 certifies that the candidate already has a considerable level of Spanish that places them slightly above the beginner category.
Level B2 (Past papers B2 test HERE)
The diploma DELE B2 provides assurance to the candidate that they have reached an advanced Spanish that allows them to function successfully at both an oral and written level.
Level C1 (Past papers C1 test HERE)
Since November 2011, the level DELE C1, first released in November 2010, experienced significant improvements and changes in the format of their tests. The DELE C1 guarantees that the progress of the student in the language has been successful and that the student has a more advanced level of Spanish.
Level C2 (Past papers C2 test HERE)
To mark the process of adapting the DELE common European Framework of Reference (CEFR), the Cervantes Institute adapts the Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language DELE C2 level.
The DELE diploma level C2 is the Spanish language proficiency equivalent to Masters Level (C2), the sixth of the six levels on the scale proposed Common European Framework of Reference for Languages of the Council of Europe.
The DELE diploma level C2 is the Spanish language proficiency equivalent to a Masters level (C2), the sixth of the six levels proposed on the Common European Framework of Reference scale for Languages of the Council of Europe.
THE DELE C2 level certifies the linguistic competence needed to engage in any situation with complete efficiency, showing a spontaneous ability to adapt to any context, with a high degree of accuracy. The user displays a subtle mastery of the nuances that gives natural flow to all its interventions.
The University of Salamanca, along with the Cervantes Institute are responsible for creating the different models of tests as well as their correction.
The Ministry of Culture and Education sets the dates and prices of exams every year. Generally the exams take place in mid-May, August and November.
For the preparation of the course, it takes a minimum of four weeks of preparation of D.E.L.E. specific classes, even with the required level for the test. In order to know your level and the exam best suited for you, before registering, a thorough review will take place so that we know what the best suited level is and how many weeks of preparation you will need.
Exam dates 2019:
- 8th February, 2019 exam (level: A2) Registration deadline: 9th January
- 5th April, 2019 exam (levels: A1, A2, B1, B2, C1) Registration deadline: 6th February
- 24th and May, 2019 exam (levels: A1, A2/B1 for students under 18) Registration deadline: 27th March
- 25th May, 2019 exam (levels: A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2) Registration deadline: 27th March
- 12th July, 2019 exam (levels: A2, B1, B2, C1) Registration deadline; 16th May
- 13th September, 2019 exam (level: A2) Registration deadline: 24th July
- 4th October, 2019 exam (levels: A2, B1, B2) Registration deadline: 21th August
- 22th November, 2019 exam (levels: A1, A2/B1 for students under 18) Registration deadline: 9th October
- 23th November, 2019 exam (levels: A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2) Registration deadline: 9th October
- Start date: Every day
- Course duration: From 4 to 12 weeks
- Number of classes: 20 hours per week
- Levels: A1-C2
- Maximum number of people in class: 8 students (average 5)
- Timetable: 10:00 to 14:00 (subject to change)
**All courses have enrollment fee 42 € that includes:
- All the material you will need for the whole course. Also, when you reach a higher level, the book will already be included.
- Certificate at the end of the course.
- City tours: discover Salamanca whilst practicing Spanish
- Wifi connection in the school whenever you need it
- 20% discount at Kronos Gym
Are you interested in the DELE course? Get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org | +34 622 07 63 62